29 marraskuuta 2017, 04:00 CET
The first IMAX® movie theater in Finland to be built in Itis Helsinki shopping center
Finnkino is developing the Finnish cinema scene by opening in the end of 2018 a very modern Finnkino Itis theater in cooperation with Itis Helsinki shopping center. There will be nine cinema halls in the new theater, one of which is the first IMAX® hall in Finland.
- The long-awaited and prepared Finnkino Itis theater is now beginning to be built and shaped on Itis’ site. We look forward to the moment when we can show our customers the first movie in Finland's first and only IMAX® movie theater in Finnkino Itis, says Veronica Lindholm, CEO of Finnkino.
According to Lindholm, Itäkeskus in Helsinki is a strategic location for the new top theater.
- East Helsinki and its surrounding areas have lacked a full-scale movie theater and we are now filling the gap. Thanks to the good renewed metro connections to Itäkeskus, we expect to see the movie fanatics and high-tech fans from the nearby areas and also from elsewhere in Finland coming to Finnkino Itis especially for the IMAX®, Lindholm says.
Finnkino Itis will open at the end of 2018
About one-thousand-seat theater and Finland's first IMAX® have been prepared for a long time. Planning started a year ago. At present, the theater is still a big hole in the ground, where it will begin to shape next year. The theater will be the first in Finland, where the height of the space meets IMAX® technology requirements.
- IMAX® in Finnkino Itis is a long-awaited and spectacular continuum for Odeon Group’s IMAX® co-operation. Our shared success in the opening of the Stockholm IMAX® theater, 16 other IMAX® theaters in Odeon chains in Europe and the very high level of theatrical expertise of the Finnkino chain give us a unique starting point to build an unforgettable IMAX® experience at Finnkino Itis for all movie lovers in Finland, states Giovanni Dolci, Vice President, Theatre Development and Managing Director, IMAX® Systems Corporation.
After opening the Finnkino Itis theater, Odeon Group has 18 IMAX® theaters in Europe.
IMAX® is a high-quality movie and video presentation technology that is only used for format-owned theaters. The Finnkino Itis will feature approximately 315 m2 screen as well as IMAX®'s own 12.0-channel Immersive Sound System audio system. In the Nordic countries there are only two other IMAX® cinemas in addition to the one built by Itis.
Itis Helsinki to be a multifaceted, family-friendly place for everyone
Belinde Bakker, Commercial and Operations Director of Itis, considers the new cinema a great first step in re-positioning of the shopping mall.
– Consumers expect shopping centers to offer more than just shopping and we are delighted to respond by introducing Finland’s first IMAX® cinema in cooperation with Finnkino, the leading cinema chain in Finland, states Bakker.
To complement the state-of-the art cinema, a brand new, high quality restaurant area will open right next to it. The renewal of Itis F&B offer will also include a complete refurbishment of the existing food court opposite to Finnkino. Additionally, services for families are improved, and planning is ongoing regarding a leisure zone.
– Our goal is to make Itis the number one shopping and entertainment destination for families in Helsinki, explains Bakker.
– With the best cinema in Finland, we will hit the ground running.
Take a look at how the new IMAX® and the ultramodern Finnkino Itis movie theater look! The AR (augmented reality) presentation can be found at www.finnkino.fi/xxx.
For more information:
Veronica Lindholm, CEO, Finnkino Oy
p. +358 40 676 3443, email: email@example.com
Kalle Peltola, Sales and Marketing Director, Finnkino Oy
p. +358 40 359 3194, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Belinde Bakker, Commercial and Operations Director, Itis
p. +31 6 102 057 30, email: email@example.com
Kirsi Feirikki, Managing Director, Itis
p. +358 50 549 5108, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1986, Finnkino Oy is the biggest cinema chain in Finland and the most versatile experience provider in Finnish cultural entertainment. Finnkino has a total of 14 cinemas located in eleven cities around Finland, with a total of 102 screens altogether. In 2016, nearly 6 million viewers visited our theaters.
In the Baltic countries, Finnkino operates with the Forum Cinemas brand. Finnkino is a part of Europe's largest movie theater chain Odeon Cinemas Group, which is owned by AMC, the world's leading movie theater chain. www.finnkino.fi
Itis is one of the largest shopping centers in Finland, with over 120 stores, more than 50 services and dozens of restaurants and cafes. Towards the end of 2018, The offering of Itis will be complemented by Finnkino's 9-hall cinema. Almost 18 million customers are involved in Itis every year. The shopping center is owned by the Dutch real estate investment company Wereldhave N.V. www.itis.fi